Sunday, June 24, 2007

Promotional Dance



Hey guys!!! I'm now, officially, a freshman!!! High school, seminary (6:30am), and lots of new friends are coming my way! This picture was taken at Gina's Italian Restaurant down the street from my school; excuse me, my OLD school. My friends here from the left are Brooke, me, Kyle (her mom owns the restaurant; free food!!!) and Mike. On the other side of the table that's not in the picture is my friend Brea, Zoe, and Caitlin. The food was DELICIOUS!!! I had this pasta that had sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, shrimp, and wine sauce. It was goooooood!!! After dinner, Kyle's dad drove us up to the school and we entered an underwater paradise through a giant sandcastle that covered the door. Our MPR had been transformed. The walls were covered with blue paper, silver, green, and purple streamers, and tons of fish, crabs, and sea horses. The stage had been removed to create an isolated sitting area with yummy audervs and Martinelli sparkling cider. The walls inside the sitting area were disguised with fishing nets, sea shells, and more sea creatures. The ceiling of the MPR was hidden behind a canopy of blue
streamers and sea colored balloons. Now, to the dancing. In the picture on the right, it's my friends Brooke and Eddie dancing, and me dancing with my friend Nick. The dancing was the funnest part of our Promotional. The music was really loud (my parents brought earplugs) and the dancing was absolute mayhem, but fun.

Later on that night, my mom took this picture of Brooke, Eddie, and me. It was in the middle the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I don't know why Eddie was freaking out. He's just spastic like that. After the dance, I spent the night at Brooke's house. We were soooooo hyper!!! We snuck food from the kitchen and stayed up until 3am!!! It was alot of fun. Signing out- Mariah

2 comments:

CHERIE said...

Yea, Mariah! Thanks for continuing the blog. Was this a church sponsored dance? Is MPR multi-purpose room?

CHERIE said...

Oh... and what is a Promotional dance?