Friday, July 6, 2007

Girl's Camp



Hey everyone! Camp was blast! This picture on the left was taken when we first got there. From the left is Abby C. (a non-member who came with Sara), Sara, Kendael, and me. We were playing games to get to know everyone from the other wards.
We got all settled in our cabins, and, of course, mine was the farthest away. I was in the same cabin as all my friends, Sara, Abby C., Megan, Cami, and Abby Meril from a different ward who I'm really close with. The picture over here was taken the next day during certification. From the left it is Candice, my mom Vickie wearing a bucket, and Kalli. I thought this picture was priceless(aka: blackmail), so it just had to go on here. This is a picture of Cori who was a Camp Leader. She is really cool and loves to pull pranks. Luckily she was in my cabin so i was able to prank with her. Cori is getting ready to serve her mission in Finland. She was able to tell us hello in Finish, which was realy cool. The best part about having her in my cabin was her devotionals every night. They sent really powerful messages to me. She taught us how to study our scriptures properly by praying before and after you've finished reading.
The picture on the right is of pool time! Since everyone's to scrammbled to list, I'll just tell you their names. Ther's Kristen, Cami, Kalli, Amanda, Megan, Spring, and me. Hanging out in the pool was probably the best thing we did everyday because it was so hot outside. By the end of the first day, everyone was missing air conditioning, their own beds, and proper showers. Another really good thing was the food. We had a chef named Fabio who cooked all of our meals. His food was really good.
Every morning we would have either french toast, bacon, eggs, sausage, cereal, or strawberry yogurt with granoala. At lunch we would have a variety of sandwiches or hamburgers. Dinner was always the best. We had pasta with red sauce one night, and the next night we had meatballs with mushrooms. I look forward to his food every year. No camp is really a camp without a scandal. one of the guys who worked in the kitchen had a HUGE crush on Kristen, a girl from our ward. It was so funny. Every time she went up to the counter to refill a pitcher for our table, he would be there to help her whether he was working the refills or not. He also tried to make conversation with her when ever he could. We felt bad for him since he probably never sees many girls out there in the middle of no where.
He seemed really nice, but he kinda freaked Kristen out. I would put a picture of him up here but I don't have anymore room. Signing out- Mariah



No comments: